Monday, November 27, 2023

Halfway Around The World 2

Our second stop of the day is in lovely Germany. I think we may have just barely clipped a small corner of Germany on our flight to Italy this summer. There was some sort of air traffic control problem in France, so we appeared to have stayed on the very northern edge of the country instead of flying straight through. It's always neat to follow along on the flight tracker while looking out the window. Anyhow, here some Christmas music from a country that has started two world wars. Go figure. This is Christmas Singalong In German (Shelley X-5, Stereo). Enjoy!

1. O Du Fröliche, O Due Selige
2. Alle Jahre Wieder
3. Die Wechnachtsnachtigall
4. Es Ist Ein Ros' Entsprungen
5. Ehre Sei Gott
6. Morgen, Kinder Wird's Was Geben
7. Süsser Die Glocken Nie Klingen
8. O, Tannenbaum, O, Tannenbaum
9. Ihr Kinderlein, Kommet
10. Maria Auf Dem Berge
11. In Dulci Jubilo
12. Am Weihnachtsbaum Die Lichter Brennen
13. Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht
14. Maria Durch Ein' Dornwald Ging
15. Vom Himmel Hoch

MEGA

Note-Download updated 2 Dec 23. The tracklist from Discogs I used to tag the files was incorrect. I got it straightened out, retagged everything, updated Discogs and this is a new download. If you got it before, many of the track titles on side 2 were wrong. You should delete that old download and grab this updated version. Sorry about the confusion.


I had multiple copies of a few of the records in this series, and I was surprised to find that the labels had changed colors at some point. So when I had differing versions, I scanned them in for you. Also, the black labels seemed to suffer from a quality control problem, and more often that not were no longer stuck to the vinyl. Luckily I found all of them inside the inner sleeve or loose in the jacket. Some of them fell behind my desk when I pulled the vinyl out and I had to go hunt for them. It was quite the adventure.

5 comments:

  1. I know that Augie Rios used to record for Shelley. This was after he was the Little Augie Rios who inquired, "Donde esta Santa Claus?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have screwed up the tracklisting here. I've moved this comment here from elsewhere:

    I love your site, it has brought me so much Joy and wonder. Especially the foreign language albums.
    I would like to point out some of the songs from Christmas Singalong in German are mislabeled.
    Ihr Kinderlein, Kommet ( Maria Durch Ein' Dornwald Ging )
    Maria Durch Ein' Dornwald Ging ( Silent Night)
    Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht (Am Weihnachtsbaum Die Lichter Brennen)
    Am Weihnachtsbaum Die Lichter Brennen ( In Dulci Jubilo )
    In Dulci Jubilo ( Maria Auf Dem Berge )
    Maria Auf Dem Berge (Ihr Kinderlein, Kommet)
    I don't speak German, just listened to it often.

    Thanks so much for sharing, really appreciate your generousity

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you're correct. I'll get these files straightened out and post the correction ASAP. Thanks for listening!

      Delete
    2. OK, I've updated the files, the tracklist and the download. I copied the titles from Discogs, and they were entered there out of order. Thanks for noticing and let me know. That's the second of these international records that I've had to go back and fix, thankfully I found the other issue before it was posted (I had sides 1 and 2 backwards, noticed it when it played in the car one day). Quality control is not my strong suit.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...