Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Brass Monkey 4

The Christmas brass just keeps coming! This is volume two of the record I just shared with you, so I think you know what to expect. This is The Galliard Brass Ensemble With Guest Artists-Carols For Brass Volume 2 (Musical Heritage Society MHS 4806H, Stereo, 1983). There's a little bit of info on the back cover about the guest artists here, but not enough that I felt comfortable putting any info in the track tags. Your mileage may very on that. Enjoy! (This cover is a little more like what you expect on a release from MHS.)

1. Joy To The World
2. Rejoice And Be Merry
3. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
4. O Come, All Ye Faithful
5. Once In Royal David's City
6. Deck The Halls
7. Wexford Carol
8. Ding Dong Merrily On High
9. Hosanna To The Son Of David
10. Rejoice In The Lord Always
11. Quem Vidistis Pastores
12. Boston
13. Judea
14. Puer Natus In Bethlehem
15. Hodie Christus Natus Est
16. Hosanna To The Son Of David
17. In Dulci Jubilo

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. MHS generally used drab covers because they were primarily or exclusively a mail order label. IIRC, their introductory free LP was Pachelbel's Canon, which used to be a staple of the nation's thrift stores. (Or was it The Four Seasons? One of those.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see a lot of their drab boring covers in the thrift bins and pass right over them. They must have issued thousands of different titles over the years. The Christmas ones I have take up many inches of shelf space!

      Delete
  2. Ernie, I've had this album for years. I can't remember if it was one of the CD's I purchased or the ones I downloaded from somewhere. Anyways, your version is good also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite surprised to find so many albums in my collection from these guys. My fiancee's uncle was visiting us, found one of their LPs in the collection and expressed some interest. I promised to rip it and send him a copy, now he's going to get all of them! :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...