Friday, December 03, 2010

Felix (Not Oscar)

Yet another of my best-sellers, this share from 2006 is another fancy gatefold album from the early 60's.  I guess back in the day, a gatefold sleeve for a single LP signaled quality.  This one even featured a die-cut hole in the sleeve, much like RCA's Stereo Action series. Unfortunately, on my copy, the cutter missed the spot it was aiming for, and you can see a big sliver of unprinted cover.  I suppose I could have PhotoShopped that out, but I'm a big fan of scanning and sharing them just as they are.  For your listening pleasure, this is The Fantastic Strings Of Felix Slatkin-Season's Greetings (Liberty Premier Series LSS 14013, Stereo, 1961).

1. White Christmas
2. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
3. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
4. Joy To The World
5. O Holy Night
6. Adeste Fideles (O Come All Ye Faithful)
7. Deck The Halls
8. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
9. The First Noel
10. I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
11. Away In A Manger
12. Silent Night

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

1 comment:

  1. Ernie,
    For some reason, the title of track 10 is in error on the original issues. The correct title is "O Come, Little Children" or "Ihr Kinderlein, Kommet". Hear for yourself.
    Continue your interresting job,
    Victor

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...