Thursday, December 02, 2010

Christmas Carols 1

As I hinted in my last post, I finally stumbled across a copy of volume one from David Randolph and the singers.  Actually, I stumbled across two copies.  But when I went to record them, the first one turned out to have the wrong LP in the sleeve.  (It was still a Westminster record, though, which may explain why I didn't notice when I bought it.)  That sleeve did have the correct insert in it, a set of lyrics so the family could sing along.  The other copy had the right record but no insert.  Problem is, and it's not a huge problem, the label had a big sticker on it, as you can see below.  I'm just looking for stuff to complain about, I guess.  I was pretty happy to be able to find and share this record finally, I never like to have only part of a set in my collection.  If you liked part two, you certainly enjoy this first part.  Please download The Randolph Singers-David Randolph, Director-Christmas Carols Vol. 1 (Westminster WP 6022, 1951, Mono).

1. Silent Night
2. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
3. God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen
4. What Child Is This? (Greensleeves)
5. The First Noel
6. Bring A Torch, Jeanette
7. Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
8. Angels We Have Heard On High
9. Oh Come, All Ye Faithful
10. Let Carols Ring (Swedish)
11. Hush, Oh Heaven (Tyrolean)
12. Patapan (Burgundian)
13. Virgin's Cradle Hymn (English)
14. Carol Of The Bells (Ukranian)
15. Quid Petis, O Fili? (English)
16. Shepherds, Tell Me (French)
17. Quickly, My Friends (Provencal)
18. Lullay My Liking (English)
19. Saint Staffan (Swedish)

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

3 comments:

  1. This appears to be a 1956 reissue (based on the catalog number). I think the original 10" LP was released as Westminster WL 5100.

    Thanks Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a reissue. When I was hunting for volume one, I spotted a couple of different covers for both volumes. And I think my volume 2 was pressed in some EQ other than RIAA, but I don't remember seeing that note on this one, so later would make more sense.

    Either way, it's good music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'm 41 and used to listen to this back from when I was a baby till about 12. Really brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...