Saturday, December 04, 2010

And Their Electric Harmonicas, Too!

 I've been slacking in my hopes of posting a 7" record for you every day, so I'm trying to get back on track with that tonight.  This time, I've got a great little EP from The Mulcays, a harmonica group who made the Christmas music that The Harmonicats never did.  Sometimes it leans a little Hawaiian, too, so imagine if The Harmonicats had made a Christmas single on Maui, and that's pretty close to what you get here.  I shared one of these tracks a long time ago, but from a two track single (this one has four).  Turns out this package was designed to be given as a sort of musical Christmas card, before they had microchips to make such a thing happen.  You'll see a scan in the download of the card opened up, with a little pocket to tuck the record in.  I would have been very happy to have gotten this as a card back in the early fifties.  (Of course, I was still years away from being born, but stranger things have happened.)  Please download and enjoy The Mulcays And Their Electric Harmonicas-Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year (Card-N-Song by Cardinal Records 7" 45 RPM EP 103, Mono, 1954).

1. Silent Night, Holy Night
2. Jingle Bells
3. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
4. White Christmas

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

1 comment:

  1. Interesting coincidence, Ernie. You posted this just a day after I posted the same music, same Card-n-Song, except mine was a 78rpm 10-inch version. My record may have never left Kansas City, while yours must have made a longer journey.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...