Saturday, December 04, 2010

Navidad


One nice thing about having such a huge history of posts is that I can pick and choose what I reshare.  You've probably notice that I reshare some of the same stuff year after year, those would be my favorites.  And this one has crept into my favorites list over the past two years, since first showing up here in 2008.  It's not a big name band, it's not a huge major label, but it's good music.  I don't think there's anything on here that you'd consider a Christmas standard, either.  No White Christmas or Silent Night.  No Rudolph or even Santa songs.  But if you listen to it, it still sounds like Christmas, no doubt about it and I think that's a rare thing.  So if you haven't already got this one, you really should download The Madrid Concert Orchestra And Chorus-Victorino Echevarria, Arranger-Conductor-Christmas In Spain (United Artists UAS 6059, Stereo, 1959).

1. Zumba Zum
2. Long Live St Joseph And The Child (Viva San Jose Y El Nino)
3. Sleep Little Jesus (Dorm Jesuset)
4. Where Are You Going Little Shepherd? (Adonde Vas, Pastorcito?)
5. Tan-Tan
6. Sing Little Ones (Chicetes, Cantem)
7. And There Is A Star (Y Es Una Estrella)
8. To Bethlehem (A Betlem, Si Us Plau)
9. Between The Straw And The Ice (Entre La Paja Y El Hielo)
10. From Egypt To Bethlehem (De Egipto Para Belene)
11. The Child Came Down From Heaven (El Nino Bajo Del Cielo)
12. Lotan-Dago
13. The Tambourines Are Playing (Suenen Las Panderetas)
14. Bolo, Bolo, Bolo

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

1 comment:

  1. This is an incredible find! I loved it last year and it's already been playing in regular rotation on my system this year. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...