Friday, December 03, 2010

Long Live The King


I've been needing to get this one back out there, so here it is.  This is a great vocal Christmas album that should be on your shelf right next to Harry Simeone's Choral or Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians.  I know you've never heard of it, but download it anyway, you'll enjoy it.  First shared in mono back in 2007, this is the stereo version of The Pete King Chorale And Orchestra-Christmas Time (Kapp KS-3214, Stereo, 1960).

1. My Favorite Things
2. Silver Bells
3. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen-It Came Upon The Midnight Clear-Joy To The World
4. The Christmas Song (Featuring Beth Adlam)
5. Sleigh Ride
6. Adeste Fideles-Silent Night
7. The Night Before Christmas
8. The Little Drummer Boy
9. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Featuring Beth Adlam)
10. Mary's Little Boy Child
11. The First Noel-Away In A Manger-Oh, Holy Night
12. White Christmas

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

5 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the re-share Ernie. Not sure why and I can't quite pinpoint it, but for some reason this really strikes a chord with me. It's one of my favorite Christmas LPs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ernie,

    If you have time could you run the 'Pete King Coral - Christmas Time' album through the DeClicker software.

    This album was always a favorite from my childhood and it's still my favorite classic Christmas album.

    Thanks for sharing and making people aware of it, hopefully we will see a CD release someday.

    --Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment, Phil. I've only been running the stuff that I still have the WAV files for through ClickRepair. Maybe if I ever get the opportunity to re-record it. No reason you couldn't download it and give it a try, though, but I suspect you'd have to convert the MP3 files back to WAV, though, and that's gonna get lossy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this album.

    The original mono LP has been a tradition in my family since it was released. The problem is that it has been played to death.

    I look forward to breaking this album out every year. I sure wish this album could be released so that radio stations and Sirius/XM could add these excellent performances to their Christmas playlists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, I think you just made my Christmas!

    I grew up with this album and have always felt lost not hearing it at Christmas anymore.

    It's back! Christmas is back!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...