Monday, November 29, 2010

Pete Plays


Always a fine compliment to Big Tiny Little, this LP by Pete Fountain is making a return visit to the blog this year.  I first shared this with you back in that golden year of 2005 from a mono copy, which I upgraded in 2007 to stereo, and that's what you're hearing tonight.  I can't say too much more about this record than what I've said before.  I can tell you that Pete Fountain is quite the survivor.  He's still doing his thing after all these years, even after his home was destroyed during Hurricane Katrina.  Here is Pete Fountain-Candy Clarinet (Coral CRL 757487, Stereo, 1966).

1. The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You)
2. Santa Claus Medley: Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town, Jingle Bells
3. Winter Wonderland
4. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
5. Blue Christmas
6. Candy Clarinet
7. Jingle Bell Rock
8. I'll Be Home For Christmas
9. The Little Drummer Boy
10. Silver Bells
11. White Christmas
12. Christmas Is A-Comin' (May God Bless You)

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, none of the links work any more - I guess someone didn't want this album downloaded for free :(

    By the way, I have all but lived at your blog for the last three days since discovering it, and have just about filled up my iPod with retro Christmas music to take to the shop where I work. It will makes a change from what's in all the other shops at Christmas, that's for sure!

    You are doing a marvellous thing here, many many thanks from the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I guess you're right, someone doesn't want this one shared anymore. That's the first one that's disappeared this year, and it's gone from all three sites. I guess it stays down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's try this again...

    http://www.mediafire.com/?a44vlrg3pak34q4

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...