Thursday, December 02, 2010

Christmas Carols 2


One of the nicer vocal chorus Christmas albums I've shared with you in the past was this collection by The Randolph Singers.  I lamented at the time that it was volume 2 and I had never seen hide nor hair of volume 1.  Well, stick around.  If you missed it the first time around, go ahead and download The Randolph Singers, David Randolph, Director-Christmas Carols-Volume 2 (Westminster WL 5200, Mono, 1952).

1. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
2. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
3. Good King Wenceslas
4. We Three Kings Of Orient Are
5. Away In A Manger
6. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
7. The Coventry Carol
8. The Boar's Head Carol
9. Joy To The World
10. Cantique de Noel
11. Deck The Halls
12. Cradled In A Manger
13. Sing We Noel Once More
14. How Far Is It To Bethlehem
15. The Twelve Days Of Christmas
16. Jesus, Jesus, Rest Your Head
17. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
18. Fum! Fum! Fum!
19. I Wonder As I Wander
20. Wassail Song

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

2 comments:

  1. I've been visiting this blog off an on for a year or two and have already downloaded many of your posts in previous years. I can't believe I missed this one--I love it! I'm in my mid-30's and it reminds me of the kinds of music my folks played on their stereo while we did things like decorate the house, string up lights inside, and trim our tree.

    The music you post, although I've never heard most of it before you share it, powerfully evokes very good memories for me (probably better than the times actually were). Thanks so much for brightening my holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I grew up listening to these as a child in the early 50's. All I've had has been the very scratchy vinyl from those days. This is the best Christmas music ever.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...