Sunday, November 28, 2010

That Gospel Sound

I don't think I've ever shared anything quite like this record with you.  This is gospel music, in the most direct sense of the word.  Just download it and listen, you'll see what I mean.  If you let it, it will creep into your soul and lift you up to a higher place.  I wanted to open with this on Thursday, that's how much I liked it, but I wanted to wait until Sunday, just because it reminds me of Sunday.  Please download When Singers Meet, Inc. Mass Choir-Joy To The World (Jubilee Gospel 6000, Stereo).

1. In The City Of David
2. We Three Kings
3. Silent Night
4. Away In A Manger
5. Joy To The World
6. He's A Wonder
7. Jesus A Wonderful Child
8. Hark The Herald Angels
9. If He Gives Me Strength

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

4 comments:

  1. How old is this one, Ernie? Any other details on it? Really enjoying this. I like when the carols are given the old gospel treatment. The more, the mo betta. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gave this a listen. Didn't work for me until the Hammond B3 kicked in long about Joy To The World. At that point, my toes started tapping. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't put a firm date on this one through the usual sources. I'd guess early 70's.

    After I ripped this one, I went straight into Gladys Knight & The Pips Bless This House. They went well together. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...