Monday, November 29, 2010

Seasoned Greetings

One of the things I had hoped to share with you this year was the great Christmas LP from Homer & Jethro, Cool Crazy Christmas.  But it turns out that you can now buy that CD legally, so I'm left with nothing.  Well, not really nothing.  You see, at least of the 12 tracks on that LP are remakes of earlier recordings, and I've got an EP here that features four of those earlier sides.  And if you're keeping track, this counts as today's single.  Please download Homer & Jethro-Seasoned Greetings (RCA Victor Extended Play 7" EPA 534, 1953, Mono).

1. (All I Want For Christmas Is) My Upper Plate
2. I Saw Mommy Smoochin' Santy Claus
3. Randolph The Flat-Nosed Reindeer
4. Frosty The Defrosted Snowman

(For those keeping track, the other two remakes were Santa's Movin' On and Nuttin' Fer Christmas.  I think you can download that single over at The Christmas Yule Blog.)

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

4 comments:

  1. Although I love "A Cool, Crazy Christmas," I think these earlier versions are far superior. "All I Want for Christmas is My Upper Plate" may even be better than the original song about missing teeth. Somebody ought to compile all the Homer & Jethro and Spike Jones Christmas (as well as Easter) 45s of the 1950s and end the sniffing around in thrift shop bins for scratchy versions of these classics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Ernie - really loving this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy Ernie, Thanks for another great year of holiday cheer. Keeping me quite busy trying to keep up with you.. The Homer and Jethro Cool Crazy Christmas LP has not been officially released on CD. These folks appear to be selling a CDR of that LP. I inquired to that website and received no response when I inquired if this was a cdr or not. I told them I only wanted a factory made CD. They never replied back to me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! My dad had this 45 when I was a kid and I would wear it out every Christmas. I could sing all the words AND all the instrumental parts, too. I have been trying to find this for years and was very disappointed with the stereo re-recordings done later. Thanks for restoring one of my funniest childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...