Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Just For Kicks

I decided to take all of my old shares and get them in one place.  Then I loaded the whole thing into iTunes.  It tells me that I have 5669 songs, and it should play for 10 days.  That's a little exaggerated because there are duplicates in there from replacing mono version with stereo, or from some of these remasters I've done this year, and some stuff that never actually got shared because it turned out to be on CD.  That also includes all of the Christmas in July tracks, which really add up over the years.  I'm a little proud of that total, all from vinyl, all from my own collection.  :)  Hopefully, you've downloaded your fair share of those tracks and have a nice little collection, too.  OK, that's enough patting myself on the back for now.  Thanks for indulging me.

7 comments:

  1. Unbelievable and congrats! Is it possible that there are a couple 45 rpms from the Les Tucker Singers in Santa Ernie's bag this year? Just wondering . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ernie, many thanks for all your sharing over the years. They have brought me closer to happier times and reminded me of lots of good memories that were almost completely forgotten. I wish you a warm and wonderful Christmas with old friends and hopefully a special new one for you to keep you company. If I weren't happily married, I'd come to Florida to meet you for a coffee. Best wishes to you and all the Christmas blogging friends out there!!
    Deanna, Santa Fe

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sincere thank you for all your sharity, Ernie. My Christmas has been transformed over the last five years because of your site and those that we've lost along the way: kertmis, deaconblues, recordcollectorsvaults, clydetombaugh, achristmastoremember. I'm a pour one for ma homies. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ernie, I only recently discovered your site, but am truly enjoying trying out this and that. Some hit and some miss, but it's all a lot of fun. Thank you for your dedication and good will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your hard work! You make the holidays even better! I have a modest Christmas collection on LP but no way to digitize them so you make it possible to take this great old Christmas music wherever we go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indulging you? Man, you're the tireless audioblogger here. With everything you've shared over the years, I'd say we are your humble audience and you're indulging us. I know I feel indulged. Better than Christmas candy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ernie, another heart-felt "thank you" for all the joy, cheer, and gettin'-in-that-holiday mood for me, and the aggravation, annoyance and eye-rolling from my family, who seem unable to appreciate the finer points of ALL Christmas music from the past, no matter how odd. I still rock out every year to the Snap-On Male Chorus. And the Alcoa Singers -- fantastico!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...