Monday, November 26, 2007

Used Music-Track Five


Some more second-hand Christmas cheer for you tonight, from the fine folks at Goodyear. In addition to something like a million volumes of The Great Songs Of Christmas, Goodyear put out some other compilations. This is one of the later ones, not coming out until 1971. All of the usual suspects are here, though. I chose Danny Kaye to share with you, because I don't think he ever actually released a Christmas album of his own. I have to assume there are some singles of his out there, but I don't know about any. One of the great advantages of these compilations is the otherwise unavailable music you get for next-to-nothing. But enough blathering. Please be my guest and download Danny Kaye-Deck The Halls (With Boughs Of Holly) from The Joyous Songs Of Christmas (Columbia Special Products For Goodyear C10400, 1971). It's good stuff.

Previous Tracks:
The Sanborn Singers-Jingle Bells
Les Baxter Orchestra And Chorus-Hang Your Wishes On The Tree
Sandler & Young-Mister Santa
Peggy Lee-Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town

2 comments:

  1. Hey, where can I get a set of candles like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the album that brings on the warm fuzzies for me. I still have the old, scratched vinyl copy.
    Do you have a scan of the back cover, too? Mine's long gone. I'm also looking for an MP3 of Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - No turntable for me.
    THanks for posting Danny Kaye!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...