Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Disco Day-Part One


Today's the day that some of you have been looking forward to, and others have been dreading. It's time to share out some disco Christmas! Kicking things off is the Montana Orchestra, who appear to still be around (maybe not...). You can buy Christmas music from them over at CD Universe, but I think it's different recordings from what I have here. This one features a huge Christmas medley on side one, and then two different New Year's Eve medleys on side two. You'll be discoing from Christmas to New Years with this one. Go download Montana Orchestra-Merry Christmas (MJS 3302) and get down with your bad self.

6 comments:

  1. Or better yet, get down with a Bad Elf. ;)

    Seriously though, thanx for sharing this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, this is one non-stop disco dance party!

    Don't pay attention to Lee. He's just jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah but Lee, there's an appreciation of good cheezy disco music in some of us. I distinctly remember getting roller boogie skates for Christmas at around age 12 or 13, and skating for hours to disco & other music at home. I rarely went to the rink, partly cuz my mom wouldn't let me (there were rumors of school gangs and fights) and it often crowded (I hate crowded places).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen,

    You're right. I have nothing in my Christmas collection to get down and boogie to, and this is hardly Ernie's fault....

    Lynda v.e.,

    I've never been able to appreciate Disco--just tolerate it. Maybe because it sounds tame compared to the modern versions of the same thing. Its mechanized thump-crash! is almost quaint compared to the robot beats of today. I have no issue with silly lyrics or funky riffs--in fact, I love the R&B that preceded Disco. It's the on/off, 1-2-1-2 aspect of the beat that drives me nuts. Most likely, I'm just nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nahh, you're not nuts, you just have refined taste. ;)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...