Monday, November 26, 2007

Bison (Not Buffalo)


Sometimes I record an album for no good reason. I say that because I'm not sure why I recorded this one. The cover's pretty nice, and I got a doodle from the back that I posted in July. The music is OK, but I'm not real big on the choral stuff. It's the first thing this year from the religious Word label, but not the last. I really can't think of much else to say about it. Maybe you'll like it. Have a go at The Bison Glee Club, Warren Angell, Director-The Joy Of Christmas (Word W 3092-LP) featuring The Bison Glee Club of Oklahoma Baptist University, Shawnee, Oklahoma. Perhaps it'll be right up your alley. Listening to this as I post it, some of the audio sounds terrible, like the LP was worn out. Sorry about that. The shares will get better, I promise.

3 comments:

  1. If you're not big on choral stuff, I have an album in the queue that you can do without. Oddly enough, it is also on the Word label...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I expected them to sound happier, almost gleeful. I don't know what I was thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this album! Listened to it when I was a kid. Didn't realize until recently that it came out in '59. I like it for the sentimental value - I put it on every Christmas.
    Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...