Sunday, November 25, 2007

Shootout At The Christmas Chorale


OK, I admit I have no idea what that post title is supposed to mean. I thought it was a cute play on words, but it really doesn't mean anything. Maybe if this record had cowboy Christmas tunes... Anyhow, back to the the point, this is a great Christmas album from a great chorus, errr, I mean chorale. (Somebody want to clue me in on the difference?). Searching the internets, it seems that a track from this LP is featured in the famous Yule Log (not to be confused with The Yule Blog)TV broadcast, so it's a favorite of many folks out there. No clue as to why it's not on CD yet, but perhaps by making more people aware of it, we can get the ball rolling towards that direction. I've seen several things that I shared out last year show up on CD for this season, so maybe the record labels are starting to get the idea. Please help yourself to The Pete King Chorale-Christmas Time (Kapp KL-1214, 1960). There was a track shared out during Christmas In July by these guys, but I believe the same track shows up here.

7 comments:

  1. I had this one on my stack, but you beat me to it. I have a feeling that's going to happen a lot this year.

    Inkydog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you're making me feel bad...

    (How ya doin', Inkydog?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm great, thanks for asking. You? Don't feel bad - I've got at least a couple that I'm pretty sure you haven't found yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is not a bad album, and it sounds like Thurl is on a few tracks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also grew up with the Pete King Chorale Christmas Time album playing in the background. And, I agree with a previous poster who mentioned Thurl Ravenscroft as a voice heard on this album. I remember making that audio observation and mentioning it to my brother years ago, only to hear him say, "Who??"

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made a family happy!! We haven't heard this album since we were kids. My mom, sister and I gathered around the computer and were able to share the joy with my child. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...