Friday, November 30, 2007

Be Like Mike More


As I said a few minutes ago while reposting the first Mike Douglas Christmas record, no bonus points for figuring out what this post is all about. I stumbled across this LP recently at a Goodwill store in St. Pete, still sealed in the plastic. That resulted in some very nice recordings that I get to share with you tonight. It's a short album, only ten songs, but the quality is high. And every once in a while you'll hear a little something in these songs that tells you it was recorded during the reign of disco. This is an odd release for the Word label, being a pretty famous name for them. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by that, though. Didn't Word also release some albums, or at least an album, by Paul Harvey? I think so. But that's beside the point. Why don't you go download this great LP, The Mike Douglas Christmas Album (Word WSB-8815, 1979)? You'll like it, I'm sure. This is the second share this year from the Word label. I think it's also the last, but you can never tell around here...

1 comment:

  1. They released LPs by Dale Evans, Ethel Waters, Jerome Hines, Burl Ives, Norman Vincent Peale, Art Linkletter....

    They're usually described as some sort of fringe outfit, but they were very mainstream. And long before "Christian" rock.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...