Sunday, November 25, 2007

Free With Christmas


Some things never change I suppose. Salesmen have always given stuff away to their customers, trying to get them to buy more or invest more or do something that makes them part with more of their money. Everybody complains about commercialized Christmas, too, but it's that way all year round. I'm sure that there were people hawking t-shirts in Bethlehem one night long ago with something along the lines of "I Saw The Star" printed on them. Well, maybe not, but you get the idea. This record was a giveaway for E. F. MacDonald back in 1963, and I'm giving it away to you again this year. Go download The E.F. MacDonald Company Presents Christmas Classics 1963 (E.F. MacDonald EFMX-63, 1963). And if you want to read more about this release (like the fact that Burgess Meredith reads some Christmas stories on it) go see my post from last year.

1 comment:

  1. Hello from New Orleans. I'm sitting here now, with my youngest daughter (Lawren) listening to this release. What a magincal time of grace and childhood memories from a most memorable time. I inherited this release from my parents to whom I am most appreciative of creating a life-long memory for me, and hopefuly, for my little gir, Lawren. God Bless you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...