Thursday, November 29, 2007

Ethel The First

There was much discussion about this record last year, or at least this artist. I finally posted this record to help end some of that discussion, but I still wasn't satisfied. I had found both the 45 RPM and 78 RPM versions of the record, but nothing at 33 RPM. Well, I finally found that version, and it's going to be the very next post after this repost. But for now, I've fixed the dead link and you can once again download Ethel Smith At The Organ-Christmas Music (Decca ED-558, 2x7" 45 RPM). I have to warn you that this record has terrible sound. The music is just fine, but the grooves must be worn out or something. If you just want random Christmas music to listen to, don't download this, go get something like this. If you want to hear Christmas organ by Ethel Smith, then give this a listen. I'm on the lookout for a better copy, but it's going to take some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...