Friday, November 23, 2007

Used Music-Track Two


Here's another cool track from a thrift store Christmas compilation, this time a record originally produced by Capitol for True Value Hardware stores. It's hard to believe that really great music like this was available at you local hardware store. Of course I'm picking and choosing pretty hard here, but hopefully you'll see what sort of gold is available on these albums that no one pays any attention to anymore. I want to give props to Brainwerk at Check The Cool Wax who first made me aware that these tracks were out there on this comp. As is too often the case, I already had the record in the collection, but hadn't paid enough attention to what was on it. Here's the great Les Baxter Orchestra And Chorus performing Hang Your Wishes On The Tree from Happy Holidays-Album 6 (Creative Products (Capitol) for True Value Hardware, SL-6669, 1970).

Previous Tracks:
The Sanborn Singers-Jingle Bells

2 comments:

  1. I'm really liking this 2007 collection of yours!

    (though I think the term was "New and Used Holiday Classics")

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you I liked that title. I stole part of it fair and square! :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...