Friday, December 21, 2007

Used Music-Track Twenty Five

Someone asked me if I had a version of Too Fat For The Chimney, so I pointed them to my share of Gisele MacKenzie, but then I remembered another version. I thought I had shared this out before, but I can't find it if I did. So here is the great Jerry Colonna doing Too Fat For The Chimney from One Hundred Great Songs Of Christmas (MCA Special Markets SR 8726 DXS 504). I think I put a couple of different tracks from this collection on my CD last year, but one more won't hurt. The recordings from this record all sound a bit tinny to my ears, probably because they tried to cram 100 songs onto four records. But it's still listenable. I don't think you'll see this massive collection in the thrift stores very much, but you never can tell. I'm pretty sure it didn't come from a tire store though.

Previous Tracks:
The Sanborn Singers-Jingle Bells
Les Baxter Orchestra And Chorus-Hang Your Wishes On The Tree
Sandler & Young-Mister Santa
Peggy Lee-Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
Danny Kaye-Deck The Halls (With Boughs Of Holly)
Debbie Reynolds-There's No Place Like Home
Claudine Longet-Snow
The Glad Singers-We Three Kings Of Orient Are
The Ed Sullivan Orchestra-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
The Mills Brothers-You Don't Have To Be A Santa Claus
Patti Page-'Twas The Night Before Christmas
George Melachrino-Fairy On The Christmas Tree
The Beneficial Singers-Joyous Christmas
Marlene Dietrich-Little Drummer Boy
Dorothy Collins-Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
Red Foley-Frosty The Snowman
Bing Crosby-Christmas Dinner Country Style
Fred Waring-White Christmas
Walter Carlos-Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring
Ed Kinney-The Twelve Days Of Christmas
Les Brown-We Wish You The Merriest
Maurice Chevalier-Jolly Old St. Nicholas
The Ames Brothers-Good King Wenceslas
The Lennon Sisters-Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer

1 comment:

  1. Found a copy for a buck just a few months ago and it seems to be in pretty good shape, too. I was very happy as I have wanted a copy of that Steve Allen track you served up last year for a very long time. It even has that musty "we haven't played this record in 30 years" smell (OK, so its not exactly "new car" smell, but it does something to record collectors).

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...