Monday, December 17, 2007

26 Days Of Christmas-Day 15


Yes, I know it's been a few days since I've given you a track for my 26 Days Of Christmas collection. It's hard to stay ahead of this stuff. I think this track may be worth the wait, though. I know nothing about title or artist here, I don't even remember when or where I dug up this single. But it's a great little song I'd never heard before, and I love new-to-me tracks. So please download Joe Ward, Orchestra Conducted By Dave Terry-Christmas Questions (King 45-4854). The flip side to this is Nothin For Xmas, which I didn't think was half as good as this track.

Previous Tunes:
Mickey Gilley-Don't The Girls All Get Prettier At Christmas Time
Scott Fagen-Sandy The Blue Nosed Reindeer
Russ Morgan-The Mistletoe Kiss
Sascha Burland-The Chickens Are In The Chimes!
Commander Shea School Boys' Choir-Chree-See-Mus
The Crew-Cuts-Dance Mr. Snowman Dance
Tennessee Ernie-A Rootin' Tootin' Santa Claus
Arthur Godfrey-Christmas Is Christmas
Sue Powell-Kiss Me It's Kiss-mas
Eddy Howard-Uncle Mistletoe
Lonzo And Oscar-Jangle Bells
Margaret Whiting And Jimmy Wakely-Christmas Candy
Joe Dowell-A Kiss For Christmas
Connie Landers-I'm Gonna Be Warm This Winter

1 comment:

  1. It may not be half as good, but "Nuttin' For Christmas" was the "A" side of the single and the one that charted in 1955. In fact, all 5 versions of "Nuttin' For Christmas" that ever charted charted that month. That's Barry Gordon, Joe Ward, Ricky Zahnd, the Fontaine Sisters and Stan Freberg for those keeping score at home. Ertha Kitt's purring version didn't chart, sad to say. Nor did Homer & Jethro's version. Both of those are from 1955 also. The whole country was crazy for Nuttin' in 1955.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...