Thursday, December 13, 2007

26 Days Of Christmas-Day 14


I couldn't resist this track after I first put it on the turntable. It was only later that I realized it was the same people who put out all the cheap "Compatible Sound" LPs that I just shared with you. This is a great bit of infectious Sixties female vocal that I would never in a million years compare to the stuff on those albums. But here it is, I can't deny it's greatness. I'm sure you'll enjoy it to. Here is part 14 of my 26 Days Of Christmas collection, Connie Landers-I'm Gonna Be Warm This Winter from the Hit Records single No. 46. You never know what's in the grooves until you put the needle in there.

Previous Tunes:
Mickey Gilley-Don't The Girls All Get Prettier At Christmas Time
Scott Fagen-Sandy The Blue Nosed Reindeer
Russ Morgan-The Mistletoe Kiss
Sascha Burland-The Chickens Are In The Chimes!
Commander Shea School Boys' Choir-Chree-See-Mus
The Crew-Cuts-Dance Mr. Snowman Dance
Tennessee Ernie-A Rootin' Tootin' Santa Claus
Arthur Godfrey-Christmas Is Christmas
Sue Powell-Kiss Me It's Kiss-mas
Eddy Howard-Uncle Mistletoe
Lonzo And Oscar-Jangle Bells
Margaret Whiting And Jimmy Wakely-Christmas Candy
Joe Dowell-A Kiss For Christmas

3 comments:

  1. Ernie, the HIT record label was known for releasing cover versions, or sound-a-likes by unknown artists. This is an obvious attempt of covering Connie Francis' version of this song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a Connie Francis song? I had no idea. I need to get out more and quit posting all this Christmas music...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reason I love HIT is because their covers run the gamut from awful to quite good.

    Their inconsistent quality makes for an exciting adventure--you don't know if your HIT purchase is going to shine or suck.

    Whatever I just typed....

    Lee

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...