Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Waring Thin


No doubt you're starting to get tired of the Fred Waring stuff, and especially posts without downloads, but here's another cover I found in the archives. This is 'Twas The Night Before Christmas by Fred Waring And His Pennsylvanians (Decca 2x7" 45 RPM ED-548), yet another release from Fred and the boys. It shares the title with this later release, but I don't think it's the same music, or even the same songs. I'm too lazy to compare the two right now, but maybe you can take a look sometime.

4 comments:

  1. The Waring isn't as tiring as the bad puns; "waring thin"....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where would my blog be without snappy post titles? And in my book, bad puns count as snappy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, c'mon. The title made it worth there not being a download.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That EP is the same as the 12" LP.
    My Mom was one of the Pennsylvanians and sang on the album which was recorded in 1947 and first came out as a set of four 78 singles, later a 10" LP which I own. The 1955 LP adds three tracks to the A side (Jingle Bells, Rudolph, and Santa Claus Is Comming To Town) to pad out the original 78/10" to 12" LP length.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...