Saturday, December 15, 2007

Merry Christmas From Line Material


The Christmas cognoscenti have long been collecting the records released by the Line Material company in the late fifties and early sixties. I still don't know how many of them there actually were, but we've got a new one you might want to add to your collection. I found the record you see above and below at the big record store in St. Pete (Bananas) last year, but I had no way to play it, because it's a 78. So after letting it slip my mind last year, I finally shipped it off to Lee of Music You (Possibly) Won't Hear Anyplace Else, who was kind enough to record it for me using his collection of needles for just such a record. He's hosting the sound files over at his blog, so go here and give them a listen. He's also got a Line Material single from 1964 (also donated by a blogger) and two singles from Line Material in Canada (again, from a blogger). Perhaps it's bloggers that make the world go 'round?

Don't forget about Lee's earlier collection of Line Material sides. Be careful when you listen to them, though. They'll stick in your brain like those little things that get on your shoes and socks when you walk through an open field. You can't get rid of them without a lot of effort, and usually not for several days.

1 comment:

  1. Slight correction. I think you have to have a blog to be a blogger and I don't. I do visit (and comment on)blogs frequently. Still, that doesn't make me a frequent blogger. Just a blog frequenter.

    In the immortal words of Emily Latella, "Never mind."

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...