Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Used Music-Track Seventeen


Got a great track for you tonight to go on the Used Music collection. I've talked about this track numerous times, but I'm pretty sure I never shared it with you. It's very similar to a Tennessee Ernie Ford song I shared last year, but I like this one better. I don't want to hype it up too much, but go download Bing Crosby With The Ralph Carmichael Chorus And Orchestra-Christmas Dinner Country Style and be amazed. This comes from the compilation The Favorite Songs Of Christmas (Capitol ST 2176). It was also featured on a single from Capitol, 5088, shown below.


Previous Tracks:
The Sanborn Singers-Jingle Bells
Les Baxter Orchestra And Chorus-Hang Your Wishes On The Tree
Sandler & Young-Mister Santa
Peggy Lee-Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
Danny Kaye-Deck The Halls (With Boughs Of Holly)
Debbie Reynolds-There's No Place Like Home
Claudine Longet-Snow
The Glad Singers-We Three Kings Of Orient Are
The Ed Sullivan Orchestra-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
The Mills Brothers-You Don't Have To Be A Santa Claus
Patti Page-'Twas The Night Before Christmas
George Melachrino-Fairy On The Christmas Tree
The Beneficial Singers-Joyous Christmas
Marlene Dietrich-Little Drummer Boy
Dorothy Collins-Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
Red Foley-Frosty The Snowman

6 comments:

  1. One of my all time favorites! I have both the single and that various LP. Such a great, happy song.

    "Choose your pie, Pumpkin or Mince"

    Makes you wanna start square dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ernie,

    I just want to thank you for all of the great Christmas music that you are sharing. I'm really enjoying it. Especially the "Used Music".

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my fave songs by Bing! I'm a fan of his more out-of-the-ordinary material, like this song and also "Little Drummer Boy (Can It Be)" duet with David Bowie. His other stuff is good, but the stuff I mentioned is better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who is the woman singing with Bing on Christmas Dinner Country Style?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the woman singing is his wife, Kathryn Crosby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doing some clearing out of my Christmas vinyl collection...compared the tracks to the album "The Favorite Songs Of Christmas" to what I have on my laptop...since it's not in its original sleeve, I needed to google the pic to use with iTunes...and found yours was the best (well...OK, only) pic I could find!

    Hope you are able to post some goodies later this year.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...