Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Cut To Pieces


Tonight I'm sharing with you a remastered version of the very first Christmas record I shared with you at the blog. This opened the Christmas sharing on Thanksgiving Day, 2005. (There was a single I posted earlier the same day, but it's Thanksgiving music, so it doesn't count). I was never really happy with my recording of that one, since I had a pretty beat up copy. I finally found a better copy sometime during this last year, so I rerecorded it for you. I also spent a lot of time cutting it up into individual tracks for you. It's presented as two side-long medleys, but with a lot of listening and some zooming in and out, I was able to find good dividing points on all the songs. To me, this makes it much easier to listen to, and I enjoy it more as individual tracks than as long medleys. But I've made both versions available for you as part of my effort to keep everybody happy all of the time! So if you want the new version that's cut into individual tracks, please download George Feyer's Echoes Of Christmas (Vox VX25-010, 1955). If you want the uncut medleys, please download George Feyer's Echoes Of Christmas (uncut) (Vox VX25-010, 1955). Which ever version you get, the sound is much better on this version than on the original share.

Good News And Bad-I received an email from George Feyer's daughter-in-law last night, and she tells me that the family is in the process of making all his recordings available for legal download. That's the good news. The bad news is that I can't share it with you anymore, but I think the good outweighs the bad. So keep checking back and hopefully I'll have some information about when and where you can download some tasty George Feyer.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating this one, Ernie. It was one of my favorites from last year. I can't wait to hear a cleaner version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Which ever version you get"

    Why would anyone not get both?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...