Wednesday, December 12, 2007

26 Days Of Christmas-Day 13


Halfway through 26 Days Of Christmas, and I'm still going strong. I don't think I've duplicated a song yet! I found another single featuring the theme of kissing for you tonight. I guess that's become a sort of sub-plot for the annual compilation this year. Don't know why, perhaps I'm lonely. Anyhow, I think you'll enjoy this one. It's noisy though, the record looked like it may have belonged to a kid. Lots of scratches and a big chip out of one edge. But I got a decent file out of it. The artist is Joe Dowell, who seems to be fairly well-known, but I'd never hear of him. Now you can hear him by downloading A Kiss For Christmas (O Tannenbaum) (Smash 7" 45 RPM S-1728, 1961). This is an odd mixture of guitar sounds, some Oriental sounds, and the German lyrics to O Tannenbaum get thrown in for good measure. You'll like it, though.

Previous Tunes:
Mickey Gilley-Don't The Girls All Get Prettier At Christmas Time
Scott Fagen-Sandy The Blue Nosed Reindeer
Russ Morgan-The Mistletoe Kiss
Sascha Burland-The Chickens Are In The Chimes!
Commander Shea School Boys' Choir-Chree-See-Mus
The Crew-Cuts-Dance Mr. Snowman Dance
Tennessee Ernie-A Rootin' Tootin' Santa Claus
Arthur Godfrey-Christmas Is Christmas
Sue Powell-Kiss Me It's Kiss-mas
Eddy Howard-Uncle Mistletoe
Lonzo And Oscar-Jangle Bells
Margaret Whiting And Jimmy Wakely-Christmas Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...