Monday, December 17, 2007

A Different King


'Tis the season and all that. This is music from The King Family, not Don King. Not The King Of Kings. Not Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Not even the King Of Jingaling. Just the King Family. Perhaps you remember them from TV. I don't, but you may. This is another record that's back for a three-peat, and I think it's deserving of that honor. Go read all about it from 2005 and 2006, I think I covered it more than adequately there. All you need to know here is that you should go download A King Family Christmas (Fleetwood FCLP 3038 or 3031, c. 1968). I've found two different covers for this one, which explains why I'm showing you two different covers in this post. Funny how that works out...


Update: Looks like this one is coming out on CD for the 2009 Christmas season, or maybe it's the very similar release on Warner Bros. Either way, I'm pulling down the share, and I encourage you to go out and buy the CD. If we don't buy these things when they come out through legitimate channels, then they'll quite releasing them...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. Showing my age I suppose, but when I was a kid there were several shows you could count on every December in our town. Andy Williams, Perry Como, Charlie Brown, Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, Bing Crosby, Lawrenence Welk's Annual Christmas Episode and The King Family. I guess that's why although I have a fond love of all things Halloween that this time of year also brings back fond childhood memories. Thanks again to you and all the blogs sharing these Christmas LPs.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...