Tuesday, December 18, 2007

101 Covers


The first rerun for tonight is the record from inside the great cover shown above. The music has been released umpteen times, the three covers I'm showing here are just a representation of the different ones that have been found over the years. I'm sure that 101 in the title refers to the number of releases, not the actual number of strings involved in the recording. And 101 isn't divisible by six, so how did they add up to 101 strings? I suppose some instruments don't have six strings, so my logic is flawed, but you get my point. Just ignore me and go download 101 Strings-Christmas Moods (Somerset SF-71000, 1964). It's the sort of thing you'll either love or hate. There is no middle ground here. For more info, you can read my witty comments from either 2005 or 2006 on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...