Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Kings Of Christmas-Part 1


All of the stuff I've shared out in past years is in my iTunes library this time of year, and occasionally something will come up at random that catches my ear, and I have to look and see what it is. Several tunes from this album (and the next) have come up recently, and made me smile. I won't bore you with the details (you can always read last year's post for the particulars), but here is A King Family Christmas (Fleetwood FCLP 3038 or 3031, c. 1968). I think there is some overlap between this share and the next. I know for sure that the LP shown below is exactly the same as the one above. Well, the cover is completely different, but the music is the same.


Update: Looks like this one is coming out on CD for the 2009 Christmas season, or maybe it's the very similar release on Warner Bros. Either way, I'm pulling down the share, and I encourage you to go out and buy the CD. If we don't buy these things when they come out through legitimate channels, then they'll quite releasing them...

2 comments:

  1. The King Family specials were always a staple of my early childhood, on the television at home, watching with mom and dad at different Holiday times. We always looked forward to seeing them when it was advertised that they were going to be on! These are some of my earliest, fondest, childhood memories of television. Thank you for the music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trust you know how grateful I am for this. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...