Thursday, December 14, 2006

25 Days Of Christmas-Day 14

Tonight I've got another great Christmas song for you that I'd bet you've never heard. Well, I shouldn't make that bet, since I think there are people out there who've heard a lot more music than I have. But I'll bet that a majority of you haven't heard this one. Tonight's contribution to 25 Days Of Christmas is Steve Allen and Ricky Vera-Can I Wait Up For Santa Claus?, a great little song that I found on One Hundred Favorite Songs Of Christmas (MCA Special Markets SR 8726 DXS 504). Yes, there really are 100 songs in this set, spread out over 4 LPs, which means they compressed them to death, so the sound isn't quite what it should be. I'm sure this song came out as a 45 at some time, then was collected on this compilation later. It actually features Steve Allen on vocals, unlike some of this other Christmas work with Ricky Vera. I've got a couple of Steve's regular LPs copied to MP3, and I'm thinking of sharing them out after the holidays are over. They're pretty good, in their own snide little way. Anyhow, enjoy this great little Christmas tune!

Previous tracks:
Ricardo Montalban & Randy Newman-La Campanilla
Ralph Carmichael-The New Hallelujah
Lawrence Welk With The Lennon Sisters-Santa From Santa Fe
Billy May-March Of The Toys
The Davis Sisters-The Christmas Boogie
Anna Russell-Please Santa Claus
Kathy Dunn-Santaville
The Williams Brothers-The Holiday Season
The Ed Sullivan Orchestra-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
The Banjo Barons-Jolly Old St. Nick & Jingle Bells
Johnny Brandon-Santa Claus, Jr.
Johnny Mathis-Have Reindeer, Will Travel
The Crew-Cuts-Twinkle Toes

5 comments:

  1. I want to thank for your posting of HAVE REINDEER WILL TRAVEL. For odd Christmas music I suggest the RUPAUL CHRISTMAS ALBUM -- nothng like celebrating Christmas with a very tall dragqueen -- but the songs grown on you.
    McJude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interest bad pun in the typo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that RuPaul album is scary... I can only listen to it once in a great while...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ernie! I was looking for this one and was soon going to post an APB over at FaLaLaLaLa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For "enquiring minds," Can I Wait Up For Santa Claus? was released on both 45 and 78 in 1953 on the Coral label.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...