Wednesday, December 13, 2006

New Ray, Same As The Old Ray

I know how much you guys love those Ray Charles Singers albums I posted, so I was excited to find this newer album. I was even more excited to see that it was in stereo. I was not excited when I saw it had the exact same track list as their other Christmas LP, Here We Come A-Caroling. When something works well, why mess with it, I guess. But it does seem to be newer recordings from the same arrangements, so if you liked that one, you'll like this one. I have a hard time telling the difference, actually, except I can hear it with both ears instead of just one. So if you want more of the same Ray, why not go download The Ray Charles Singers-Christmas At Home (MGM SE-4166, 1963)?

1 comment:

  1. I have a 1966 re-issue of this album, also on MGM. It has the smae tracks, but a slightly different cover. The picture has been cropped, and the font for the title and the group is a bit classier. "Christmas At Home" is in red, while "The Ray Charles Singers" is in green. The MGM logo is also green. Plus it has a border around the cover's edge. Again, your copy of the vinyl is somewhat cleaner than mine (another e-bay purchase) so thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...