Sunday, December 10, 2006

I'm Famous!!!

Those of you who are regular visitors here have peobably noticed that I'm all the time telling you to go over to FaLaLaLaLa.com to get this or that in the way of Christmas music. Well, today I get to tell you to over there to get a piece of Christmas music from me! The featured album this week is the one you see above, Merry Christmas From The Command Family Of Recording Stars (Command RS 920 SD, 1967). I'm so excited to be a small part of the celebration over there. Thanks to the King for inviting me to be a part of the festivities! This LP features tracks from all the usual suspects on Command, like Ray Charles, Doc Severinsen, Dick Hyman, Robert Maxwell and others. But you can read all about it over at FaLaLaLaLa. Go now!

If you're the Scroogey type, and don't want to go visit FaLaLaLaLa, you can download my original rip of this LP here. But you really should go and avail yourself of the King's version. He's got a way with vinyl I'm sure his version has tweaked it so that it sounds like it was mastered from the original tapes.

Oh, one more thing. You can get a bonus track from Robert Maxwell back at this post from Christmas In July. Oh, and this one, too. And if you want actual Christmas music from Enoch Light, you can go here and here and here. Actually, one of those is the same as the Robert Maxwell one, so don't grab it twice by mistake. Is that everybody I wanted to link to here? No, there's someone else... Ah, yes, Dick Hyman! My linking finger is getting tired... OK, my linking finger is back in shape now. There are two full Christmas albums from The Ray Charles Singers available here and here.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, this one needed very minor tweaking from the version Ernie sent me. Ernie did all the work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Dick Hyman track is especially sweet. Keep up the good work, Ernie -- your blog has been one of the highlights of my holiday season so far...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...