Saturday, July 29, 2006

Christmas In July-Part 29

Only three more days to go, counting today. What's left in my stack-o-tracks for you? Not a whole lot, really. But that doesn't mean that what's left isn't worth waiting around for. Today and tomorrow I've got some little comedy bits to mix into your Christmas collections. Well, maybe they were funny back in the day, but to my ears they aren't up there with The Kings Of Comedy. But first, one last version of Snowfall that I found today.

Track one, Snowfall, this time by Enoch Light from The Big Band Hits Of The Thirties (Project 3 PR 5049 SD, 1970). Piano on this track is handled by Dick Hyman, whose own version of Snowfall I brought you earlier. Small world, isn't it?

Track two, Xmas In Mt. Idy by Charlie Weaver from Charlie Weaver Sings For His People (Columbia CL 1345). A little song, and a little story, from the former Cliff Arquette. Reading the liner notes from the back of this LP, I learn that Charlie Weaver achieved popularity on the Jack Parr show. Still not too funny.

Track three is Jose Jimenez The Santa Claus Instructor by Bill Dana from Bill Dana In Las Vegas (Kapp KS-3402). Hmmmm, again, not too funny. Ethnic humor, perhaps that's what political correctness is all about.

Track four, Frontier Christmas by Hudson And Landry from The Best Of Hudson And Landry (Dore LP 333). I don't know what it is, but these Christmas bits just aren't too funny, and this one is the worst. I give it to you today only in the sense of completeness. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.

Anyhow, here's the link, download to your heart's content, but don't say I didn't warn you!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Somewhere in my stacks of 45s, I have that Charley Weaver song. If you think that song's bad, you should hear the B side - "Happy New Year, Happy New Year."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-oh. You're going to give away part of my surprise ending...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...