Monday, December 11, 2006

25 Days Of Christmas-Day 11

For the eleventh day of my online Christmas CD, I took a suggestion. Someone requested a track that I love, so why not? My buddy the King added a Lawrence Welk track to his online CD, so I'm also following in his footsteps. I guess I just can't do anything original. Well, at least this song is quite original. i didn't realize until just now that one of the co-writers is Milton Delugg! So quick, go out and download Lawrence Welk And His Champagne Music-'Santa From Santa Fe', Vocal By The Lennon Sisters from Jingle Bells (Coral CRL 757186, 1957). Pardon the crackles, but I wanted to grab this from my stereo copy, which has seen better days. Big thanks to Jeff Carder for writing his name on the cover all those years ago, too. That was fun to remove. Isn't 1957 too early for stereo? Perhaps this is a rerecording... Anyhow, enjoy the music!

Is this one on CD? Lemme check the Lawrence Welk Christmas database... Nope, doesn't look like it.

Previous tracks:
Billy May-March Of The Toys
The Davis Sisters-The Christmas Boogie
Anna Russell-Please Santa Claus

Kathy Dunn-Santaville
The Williams Brothers-The Holiday Season
The Ed Sullivan Orchestra-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
The Banjo Barons-Jolly Old St. Nick & Jingle Bells
Johnny Brandon-Santa Claus, Jr.
Johnny Mathis-Have Reindeer, Will Travel

The Crew-Cuts-Twinkle Toes

2 comments:

  1. You are a man after my own heart! "Santa From Santa Fe" is one of my all-time favorite Christmas records. Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Jingle-aye - jingle-oh - jingle-ingle-ay!"

    Thank you so much for this! You have made my Christmas! Our family had this album back in the 60s (ours was monaural) and I haven't heard it in a long time. Every year I look for it to appear on CD to no avail. Thanks again!.....and my guess is that the song might have originally been recorded in mono, but was later remastered with added reverb to simulate a stereophonic effect. Nevertheless, this song is pure Christmas candy for the ears!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...