Wednesday, December 06, 2006

25 Days Of Christmas-Day 6

Tonight's track for my online Christmas CD is a cut by The Williams Brothers. I'm still not sure if this has been released on CD or not. I suspect that the Andy Williams material has, but not the Williams Brothers. And that's a shame because there's some good stuff on here. This particular track is a bit of fun to brighten your day, but it's not a kiddie track like many of my tracks here have been. I know you'll enjoy The Williams Brothers-The Holiday Season from Christmas With Andy Williams And The Williams Brothers (Columbia Special Products C 10105).


Previous tracks:
The Ed Sullivan Orchestra-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
The Banjo Barons-Jolly Old St. Nick & Jingle Bells
Johnny Brandon-Santa Claus, Jr.
Johnny Mathis-Have Reindeer, Will Travel

The Crew-Cuts-Twinkle Toes

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ernie-

    As promised, I finally got a chance to rip the Three Suns "Uncle Mistletoe" 45 for you. I also scanned in the 45 itself, so there's a pair of jpgs as well. I looked for your email on your complete profile, but I didn't see it. This is my first time making a zip file and uploading to Rapidshare, so I hope all worked as it's supposed to.

    http://rapidshare.com/files/6412217/Three_Suns_45.zip

    You can email me at petglod@yahoo.com.

    And thanks for continuing to amaze me at the amount and quality of your blog postings! I have the Ray Charles Singers' "Winter" album and I love it (especially the very stiff couple drawn on the cover)-but I had no idea about the other album!

    Cheers!
    Pete
    NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Both of those songs are great! The vocal on Uncle Mistletoe is perfect. The funny horse noises on Sleigh Ride are weird, but fitting. Thanks a million for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked 'em! Please give them a proper post to share with everyone if you see fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great Pete, I'd be happy to post them and give you full credit. Stay tuned tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS CHRISTMAS ALBUM! Does anybody know where I can get the cd or a copy of the entire album This album brings back so many memories of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The image you have was on my family LP record and one of my favorites. The other side was Johnny Mathis. Very cool to see it was released on CD.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...