Saturday, December 09, 2006

Ho Ho Snow


When I was growing up, I didn't have a lot of little kiddie records. I listened to the same records my father did, and I'm sure I destroyed my fair share of them. I remember having a few little record players, but very few records. (I know there was some little gadget that projected a picture along with the record that was playing, but that's a pretty fuzzy memory.) My point, if I have one, is that I don't have a warm fuzzy attachment to some of the old records recorded just for kids from back in the day. So when I listen to them, I don't usually like them. This one (that I originally shared last year) is an exception. I like it. I really like the song Mr. Snow. You should download it based on that song alone, and consider the rest of it as bonus tracks. I believe this is a reissue of music recorded way back when 78s were the hottest medium going, but the sound is still pretty good. The 1966 date you see is what was written on the record itself. But that's beside the point, go download The Sandpipers With Mitch Miller And Orchestra-Frosty The Snowman (Golden Records 2092, 1966).

3 comments:

  1. hello
    is this the record also with towards the night before christmas with a fairy in it that tries to put you to sleep during the story
    about santas work shop. please tell me it is.or do you know of it. we lost our album during katrina and are looking franticly for it for three years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think this is the record you are looking for. Perhaps it's this one:

    http://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2007/12/christmas-eve-tradition.html

    Hope that's the one you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. first, thank you so much for all of the great christmas music! any chance of re-sharing this one sometime?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...