Sunday, December 03, 2006

Dick Leibert Day-Part Four

Have you got all the other Dick Leibert records downloaded and listened to? If so, then you're ready for this LP, which is new to the blog, but not new in real life. I have no idea of the date for it, but I'm going to say late fifties. This is one of the records from which they lifted a track for the Westminster Sampler I shared with you earlier this morning. There is still another Leibert Christmas LP out there called Christmas At Radio City, but on Westminster (WP 6035), that I don't have, but I'm hunting. I like how this one highlights the Wurlitzer Organ Company connection, even using their logo on the front. On the backside, they almost always spell it WurliTzer, just to go along with the logo, I suppose. This album isn't as exciting as the later two on RCA, but it's still quite listenable. And I know how you folks love your organ music. So go get Dick Leibert-A Merry WurliTzer Christmas (Westminster WP 6060).

5 comments:

  1. loving the blog the 3 suns wereoff da hook....
    2 requests the


    From Frank's Reprise label in 1961, this is Frank Sinatra And His Friends Want You To Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (R-50,001).

    and the coool Muzak lp ..i found these in your photo section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Philly-The Muzak LP is still in the archives somewhere, if you do a quick search you should find it. The FS one is something that I probably can't share out. I think half of the tracks or so have been put out on CD here or there. Having said that, I think it's out there in blogland. If not now, then soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! I'm loving it! I have the Christmas at Radio City Music Hall with Dick Leibert at the organ, 2 lp set from 1973 (RCA Camden ADL2-0243). The fact is it is a re-release of the previous two Dick Leibert lps you already posted: Happy Hits of Christmas and Sounds of Christmas. Same songs, same recordings, different packaging. In fact the track listings are exactly the same as the individual lps:

    Christmas at Radio City Music Hall:
    Side A:
    Deck the Halls
    Joy to the World
    The First Noel
    Silent Night
    Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
    O Holy Night

    Side B:
    Silver Bells
    Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
    The Christmas Song
    Santa Claus is Comin' to Town
    Winter Wonderland
    Under the Christmas Mistletoe
    I Heard the Bells on Christmas day

    Side C:
    Sleigh Ride
    White Christmas
    Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
    It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
    Jingle Bells
    Parade of the Wooden Soldiers

    Side D:
    Medley: We Wish You a Merry Christmas; O Tannenbaum
    Oh Little Town of Bethlehem
    Angels We Have Heard on High
    God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
    We Three Kings of Orient Are
    Adeste Fideles (O Come, All Ye Faithful)

    So unless you're interested in having a flimsy dynaflex re-issue of the albums you already have, there's no need to get this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for typing all that in, Daryl, but I think I mentioned in my post that it's a reissue. i just wanted to throw up the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,
    I know it may be a little early for Christmas, but anything by Dick Leibert would be welcome. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't download the Westminster or the Christmas one with Leibert ... Please help.
    Lappie

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...