Tuesday, December 05, 2006

25 Days Of Christmas-Day 5

I'm too tired this evening to put the artwork together for the album from which I grabbed tonight's track. Sorry about that. It's been a long day, and I've already done several covers. Maybe tomorrow. But the track tonight is a good one. I've never actually seen a copy of the Ed Sullivan LP that originally sported this track, but I'm on the lookout. If it ever crosses my path, I'm on it! I like the Now! sound that jumps out at you from this track, and some of the others I've heard. No voices, though, just some insistent horns. So for the 5th installment of my online Christmas CD, I present The Ed Sullivan Orchestra-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus from A Very Merry Christmas, Volume 3 (Columbia Special Products for Grants, CSS-997, 1969). This is good stuff.

Previous tracks:
The Banjo Barons-Jolly Old St. Nick & Jingle Bells
Johnny Brandon-Santa Claus, Jr.
Johnny Mathis-Have Reindeer, Will Travel

The Crew-Cuts-Twinkle Toes

2 comments:

  1. Anything on George Feyer Christmas record yet?
    Randy in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got that George Feyer up in the archives if you want to grab it. I don't think I'm going to have time this year to rerecord and remaster it, I'm afraid. I just went and looked at the old post, and I didn't realize that it was the first thing I posted last year.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...