Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Echoes (Not Floyd)

Here is the very first Christmas record I shared out of Ernie (Not Bert) last year! It's a great bit of tinkly cocktail lounge piano music, running seamlessly from one song into the next. So seamlessly that I couldn't cut it into tracks, so you're going to have to listen to it one whole side at a time. I hope you all enjoy George Feyer's Echoes Of Christmas (Vox VX 25010, 1955).

Good News And Bad-I received an email from George Feyer's daughter-in-law last night, and she tells me that the family is in the process of making all his recordings available for legal download. That's the good news. The bad news is that I can't share it with you anymore, but I think the good outweighs the bad. So keep checking back and hopefully I'll have some information about when and where you can download some tasty George Feyer.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ernie, I'm pleasantly surprised by this. I'm really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Earnie...Since downloading the Walter Schumann a couple days ago, I have been hooked on your blog, so much in fact, this morning at 3 I dreamt I was on Let's Make Deal and I chose door number one which was Charo in her Santa outfit. I woke up before finding out what was behind the other doors (probably 60 French Girls) ANyway, I have been searching for the Goodyear SOUNDS OF CHRISTMAS albums to download, particularly No. 6 that has Steve and Edye singing Let it Snow. Any ideas where I might find this? Thanks again! John
    jwneiderhiser@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. pdman-Yeah, it's good in the right context. I wish I could find a cleaner copy, though. Maybe I'll ask Santa...

    John-You're scaring me just a little there... Anyhow, those Goodyear LPs contain a lot of stuff that's available on CD, so they aren't really fair game for sharing. I think you can buy the Steve & Eydie Christmas album from their website, and you should go get it NOW!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...