Saturday, December 09, 2006

25 Days Of Christmas-Day 9

Oh, I've got a fun one for you tonight. I almost didn't post this, because I found out it's on CD, but I'm going to do it anyway. I recorded this song from a scratchy old 45, so you're not going to mistake it for a copy from CD. In fact, after hearing it, you may be tempted to go out and get the CD. The next selection for my online CD, 25 Days Of Christmas is The Davis Sisters-The Christmas Boogie (RCA Victor 7" 45 rpm 47-5906). (For the curious, the flip side is Tomorrow I'll Cry.) I didn't realize until I was researching this song that Skeeter Davis was one of the Davis Sisters. Small world, isn't it. Anyhow, I'm sure you'll enjoy this country retelling of 'Twas The Night Before Christmas. I know I get a kick out of it every single time I hear it.

Previous tracks:
Anna Russell-Please Santa Claus
Kathy Dunn-Santaville
The Williams Brothers-The Holiday Season
The Ed Sullivan Orchestra-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
The Banjo Barons-Jolly Old St. Nick & Jingle Bells
Johnny Brandon-Santa Claus, Jr.
Johnny Mathis-Have Reindeer, Will Travel

4 comments:

  1. SWEET! This song is in my top five country Christmas songs of all time!

    Nice pick Ernie!


    Capt

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a top 5 country Christmas song list? You don't happen to work in that record store from High Fidelity, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool cool so what r ya 4 others ???'Santa looked a lot like daddy' by buck owens gotta be one...
    da RockoverGraceland blog just added a cool 4 song christmas ep check yo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This song also appeared on the classic OOP CD Hillbilly Holiday:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000032C8/ref=m_art_li_0/002-1198014-8468020

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...