Thursday, December 14, 2006

Sing Along With Mitch (Oodles Of Doodles CCVIII)

Ha! I bet you saw the title of this post and thought you were going to get an LP of Mitch Miller And The Gang singing Christmas tunes! Well, not quite. This is a collection of earlier recordings by Mitch Miller, most likely from long before he started issuing his sing-a-long discs. This collection consists of 18 great tunes for little kiddies to sing along with. The cover claims 24 songs, but I can only find 18. Maybe your luck will be better than mind. I love the cover on this one, too. I had three different copies in my collection, all with the same cover, but each with a different flip side. I suspect this one is the oldest, since there was actually a doodle on the back, instead of just advertisements for other records. And how about this doodle? Isn't it great? It features all your holiday favorites, from Rudolph and Frosty to Santa, angels and even a yule log! Oddly enough, they even credit the artist, Grace Clark. (Lowell Hess is credited with the front cover.) Please be my guest and download Christmas Songs And Carols-Chorus And Orchestra Under The Direction Of Mitch Miller (Golden Records GLP: 14, 1958).

7 comments:

  1. Yay, a doodle! And it's got them all - Frosty, Rudolph and Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend is having a 50th b-day party and wants to sing some Mitch Miller songs from the 50s and use songsheets. You seem to be a Miller fan and might know where I could get an old record or CD with older songs and songsheets. I guess I could get the songsheets from lyrics.com once I had a record or two. If you have any ideas about which records would be from the 50s please e-mail me at moon.moon@mindspring.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an old post, but I found it in searching goggle for this LP. I bought an LP off ebay a couple years ago of what i thought was Disney's "It's a Small World 18 Favorite Folk Songs". However, inside was this Mitch Miller LP. So I went searching for the LP covers so I could share it at my blog. Now, since your link is still active, I will just link to this post. Thanks again.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just picked this LP up at a thrift shop for a quarter. It's not in bad shape (light surface scratches) either. Any chance for a re-up? I still don't have my turntable hooked up (it's still in the box from purchase over a year ago - hahaha). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry, but the link error.. do you mind to upload agagin? thx..

    ReplyDelete
  7. *gasp* "file not found" !
    I'm heartbroken.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...