Thursday, December 14, 2006

Speaking Of Buck

Since that last post was about Buck Owens, I figured I'd share this picture with you. In the very early 70's, after the success of Hee Haw, no doubt, Capitol saw fit to reissue Buck's two Christmas albums in one double-disc package. I don't know how long it was available this way, but I've not seen very many of them. Like many similar compilations, they omitted some of the songs. Instead of the full 24 tracks from the original albums, here you only got 20 tracks. I'm not sharing this album out, since you can buy the originals on CD, I just wanted to share the picture with you. Enjoy! Wait, for the search engines, this is A Merry "Hee Haw" Christmas From Buck Owens And His Buckaroos (Capitol STBB-486, 1970

2 comments:

  1. Ernie:

    Thanks for Slim Boyd & Rangehands Christmas Country Style. Childhood memories!

    Where can I get the original 2-LP Buck Owens Merry Hee-Haw Christmas on CD?? I searched the web but nothing available on CD. Are you sure it's available? If not, could you please share this one as well? This was my childhood favorite - especially "one of everything you got"!!!

    Thanks and Merry Christmas!

    Mike Steeno
    msteeno@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to Buck & Susan Raye as a kid when putting up our Christmas tree... nostalgia at its finest!!!

    Any chance of getting this (i.e., Merry Hee-Haw Christmas) and the Merry Christmas from Buck Owens & Susan Raye re-uploaded?

    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...