Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Kings Of Christmas-Part 2


As I just mentioned, here's the other LP from the King family. Again, you'll have to go read last year's post to find out all about this wonderful LP, but it's worth it. Since I posted it last year, I've determined that some of the tracks are the same as my previous share, but not all of them. So why not download and enjoy Christmas With The King Family With The Alvino Rey Orchestra, Conducted By Ralph Carmichael, Vocal Direction By Jimmy Joyce (Warner Brothers W 1627, 1965). Well, this one looks like it came first, so maybe that other record has tracks from this one. Now I'm all confused...

Update: Looks like this one is coming out on CD for the 2009 Christmas season. That means I'm pulling down the share, and I encourage you to go out and buy the CD. If we don't buy these things when they come out through legitimate channels, then they'll quite releasing them...

4 comments:

  1. I wish everyone in the world could hear this album! thankyouthankyouthankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, We had this album for years and I haven't seen it or heard it in forever. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After doing a side by side comparison of the two albums, here is my findings...

    The Fleetwwod LP is in stereo, while the WB LP is mono. That said there are three tracks on the Fleetwood album not on the WB album...
    "The Christmas Waltz", "Not A Creature Was Stirring" & "(When There's) Love At Home".

    Meanwhile the WB LP has 3 tracks not on the Fleetwood LP...
    "Go Tell It On the Mountain", "The Holiday Of Love", and "Jolly Old St. Nicholas/Jingle Bells".

    ALL other tracks are exactly the same (except one is stereo).

    I plan on re-burning this with the original(WB)playing order, then adding the other three songs (plus "My Favorite Things" which you posted!) as bonus cuts. Thank you for posting both of these LPs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops...sorry the third cut on the WB that's not on the Fleetwood is "Some Children See Him" NOT "Holiday Of Love" my bad.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...