Tuesday, December 12, 2006

25 Days Of Christmas-Day 12

Day 12 of my online Christmas CD, 25 Days Of Christmas, and it's time to get a little bit weird. Notice that if you misspell 'weird', you get wired. Well, they don't come much more wired or weird than this. It's a great version of Handel's Hallelujah Chorus from The Messiah. Nothing odd about that. But it's performed on the Moog synthesizer! And it's out there, folks, it's out there! Can you believe this came from a religious LP? You never know what's in the grooves until you drop the stylus in there. So please, please, please go right now and download Ralph Carmichael-The New Hallelujah from The Electric Symphony (Light LS-5541-LP). It's da bomb! (Those of you who've been paying attention may realize I snuck this out as a secret share earlier in the share-a-thon. Same track, I just tagged it different and added the cover art.)

Previous tracks:
Lawrence Welk With The Lennon Sisters-Santa From Santa Fe
Billy May-March Of The Toys
The Davis Sisters-The Christmas Boogie
Anna Russell-Please Santa Claus
Kathy Dunn-Santaville
The Williams Brothers-The Holiday Season
The Ed Sullivan Orchestra-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
The Banjo Barons-Jolly Old St. Nick & Jingle Bells
Johnny Brandon-Santa Claus, Jr.
Johnny Mathis-Have Reindeer, Will Travel
The Crew-Cuts-Twinkle Toes

(Have these links been messed up the whole time? Why doesn't somebody tell me these things?)

4 comments:

  1. Dear mr. Ernie (not Bert)! I am a collector of old Moog Synthesizer music and since you share one song from Ralph Carmichael or The Electric Company today I was wondering if you would be so kind and share the whole album because I've never heard of this album. I understand that you have much to do and understand if you say no but you would surely make one Swede happy for Christmas and I promise to be good the whole next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Apple-Thanks for the comment. I'm afraid I didn't even listen to the rest of that Ralph Carmichael LP. And I don't know if I ever will. It's all religious stuff that doesn't hold a lot of interest for me. And with all the stuff I have left to do between now and Christmas, I may never get to listen to another record! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Track 12 on "Christmas With The King Family" doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin-I just downloaded it, and it worked fine for me. You might try downloading the complete ZIP file again. Sometimes things get corrupted in transit.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...