Sunday, December 23, 2018

Not Craftsmen

One of my very earliest and most out-there shares here at the blog is this album from the employees of Snap-On Tools.  Well, only the male employees.  This was my introduction to the idea of a company having a group of employees who got together to sing, and frequent visitors to the blog can see how it's ballooned into a huge love.  The width and breadth of groups I've shared from across the corporate spectrum is immense around here, and it all started with this record.  I first shared it in 2005, then I remastered it in 2012.  Tonight I'm sharing a re-encode of that 2012 rip with you, so it sounds about as good as it's going to get for the time being.  This is The Snap-On Male Chorus with Carols Of Christmas (RCA Custom Record Dept. SOLP 6363, Mono, 1963). This is the first year I remembered to look up the date via the RCA pressing code. P=1963.

1. Awake, Awake
2. Away In A Manger
3. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
4. Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
5. Spirit Of Christmas (A Medley)
6. Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring
7. Cantique De Noel
8. God Rest You Merry Gentlemen
9. Deck The Halls
10. Carol Of The Drum
11. Silent Night
12. Jingle Bells

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites because my partner is from Kenosha and his dad worked at Snap-On for at least 35 years. (Unfortunately, he died at Snap-On when my partner was a kid.) We will probably never know whether he was in the Male Chorus, but if he wasn't, he surely knew some of the coworkers who were.

    We'll be in Kenosha for Christmas Eve and will probably drive by Snap-On tomorrow night, maybe with this album playing. So thank you for keeping it alive!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...