Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Those Same Choristers

You may recall me posting a record earlier in the season that I thought was a reissue of the one you see here, but it turned out not to be.  I was all mixed up about what was what, but I think I have it straight now.  This little 10" LP turns out to be the actual re-issue of the one I shared from 78s with you back in 2012.  I ripped it and scanned it in last night to share with you here on this Christmas Day.  It sounds quite a bit better than it did when I grabbed it from those scratchy old 78s, so you won't be afraid to play this one for your family.  No idea when this vinyl re-issue came out, so I had to just put the original 1944 date on it.  This is The St. Luke's Choristers With String Orchestra And Organ-William Riply Dorr, Conductor-Christmas Carols (Capitol 10" 33 RPM H9000, Mono, 1944).

1. O Come, All Ye Faithful (Adeste Fidelis)
2. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
3. Hark, The Herald Angels Sing
4. The First Nowell (aka The First Noel)
5. Silent Night
6. Away In A Manger
7. O' Little Town Of Bethlehem
8. Deck The Halls With Boughs Of Holly and Christmas Eve Is Here

MEGA

5 comments:

  1. This year you are a really tsunami I broke my download ah ah ... thank you very much for your great work and Merry Christmas!
    Ps - I always look for "Sing Of A Merry Christmas" by "The Harry Simeone Chorale" ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Ernie!

    Judging from the issue number, the LP is probably from the 1949-51 period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the great albums, Ernie. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Ernie! Thank you for sharing your collection with all of us here on The Internet again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you once again. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...