Thursday, December 27, 2018

Those Wacky Wise Men

2011 still stands out to me as the year of the lousy scans. At the time, I had to use the big copier-scanner at work, and it must have needed some calibration when I scanned my album covers that year.  I couldn't exactly call the copier company and say I need them to come out and do some work because my cover scans looked streaky, could I?  But I got through it all right, and now I have a nice large-format scanner of my very own right here beside my desk.  I still can't scan album covers in a single pass, but I can do it in two, and that's much easier than scanning it in four passes.  But you don't care about that, you just want the music.  Here's a re-encode of The Regency Choir-John McCarthy, Conductor-Three Wise Men (Columbia CS 9382, Stereo, 1966). Enjoy!

1. The Bells Of Christmas
2. Jesus Garcia
3. Silent Night
4. Pat-A-Pat-A-Pan
5. The Bells Of Bethlehem
6. Do You Hear What I Hear?
7. Three Wise Men, Wise Men Three
8. Heavenly Night
9. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
10. O Bambino (One Cold And Blessed Morning)
11. O Come, All Ye Faithful

MEGA

9 comments:

  1. Wait a minute--didn't the Wise Men/Kings ride camels? Where did those horses come from??

    ReplyDelete
  2. These three were anti-hump! We live in more tolerant times now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever see the video that was making the rounds a while back with the two guys trying to subdue a camel and it picked up the one guy by his head with its mouth and tossed him aside? Maybe there's a good reason for the horses...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just listening to this the other night. It must have been your previous version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you much! I do somewhat remember this, and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slowly making my way through many many many of your shares and once again learned you can’t judge a book by its cover: the version of Pat-A-Pan on this one is unreal with the swirling flutes and percussion! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a whole lot of memory of this one, other than there were a couple of John McCarthy connections I should have mentioned. Lee (over at his Music You Won't blog) says that the better Line Material sides were made by McCarthy. And I've had another share by him that goes way back.
      https://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2016/12/john-is-back.html

      Delete
    2. I’ll listen to that one next!

      Delete
    3. Forgot he was on this version of A Christmas Carol I shared out recently, too.
      https://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2023/11/ebeneezer-2.html

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...