Friday, November 23, 2012

Oh, Snap!

I spoke to Dad earlier this evening, and of all the Christmas shares I've ever shared, this was the only one he mentioned. I don't know that it's his favorite, but it was certainly on his mind. So I went ahead and made sure that this was the next one out of the remaster pile. First shared out by me all the way back in my inaugural year of 2005, this one has come back time and again, but it's always sounded exactly the same.  I think you'll agree once you've listened that it now sounds much, much better.  You also get a nicer scan of the cover, both front and back, and this is the first time you've been able to see the record labels, too!  See all the benefits you get with remastered shares?  It's like what's old is new again!  So, to hear it again for the first time, here is The Snap-On Male Chorus with Carols Of Christmas (RCA Custom Record Dept. SOLP 6363, Mono).

1. Awake, Awake
2. Away In A Manger
3. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
4. Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
5. Spirit Of Christmas (A Medley)
6. Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring
7. Cantique De Noel
8. God Rest You Merry Gentlemen
9. Deck The Halls
10. Carol Of The Drum
11. Silent Night
12. Jingle Bells

MediaFire
Torrent

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing and all your efforts here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still have that original share from way back, so many thanks for an updated and improved-quality version. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My partner's father worked at Snap-On for many years. In fact, he died at Snap-On. Though we have no indication he was part of the Chorus, it's nice to have this small connection to the past. So thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do believe this is my all-time favorite of yours, Ernie. Thank you for updating it, as it was in need of some clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ernie - Back in '05, you said you were not sure of the year on this one. Basing this on the first letter of the RCA pressing matrix number (P), it would look to be a 1963 vintage...

    ALso -- I am not so sure that the chorus was made up solely of Snap-On employees; rather, it is my recollection that Snap-On simply sponsored this Kenosha-based choral group. Of course, being in Kenosha, it would be pretty likely that at least SOME of the singers were Snap-On workers...

    Thanks for the shares!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I played piano for the Snap-On Chorus for 20 years. It was after this record was made, though I knew Gail Berenson, the accompanist. We had a blast, and made some good music along the way.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...